Thank you for your interest in joining New York City's historic 3-K for All and Pre-K for All initiatives. We continue to seek enthusiastic and high-quality study plan lead teacher and assistant teacher candidates to staff Early Childhood classrooms across all five boroughs. The VAST majority of teaching positions are in New York City Early Education Centers (NYCEECs). NYCEECs are community-based, independent organizations that contract with the DOE to provide free, full day, high-quality early childhood programs. Not-yet-certified study plan lead and assistant teachers are only eligible to teach early childhood in NYCEECs; they are not eligible to apply for pre-K positions in NYC public schools.
Be part of these historic initiatives: complete the self-assessment below to see if you are eligible to teach early childhood in a NYCEEC. (EEOC Statement)
Do you hold any of the following NY State (NYS) certifications in Early Childhood or will become certified by Sept. 2021?
- Early Childhood (Birth - Grade 2);
- Nursery, Kindergarten and Grades 1-6;
- Prekindergarten - Grade 6 certification; or
- Students with Disabilities (Birth - Grade 2)
- I am NYS certified in another subject area: (Please note, this refers to individuals with other New York State Teaching Certificates, such as Childhood Education or Students with Disabilities. This does not include assistant teachers or non-teacher titles.)